House for Rent in Avon Lake Ohio
As its name would suggest, Avon Lake, Ohio, is located on the shores of Lake Erie. Because the city is just 15 miles west of Cleveland, commuters who find homes for rent in Avon Lake won't have far to travel to work in Ohio's second-largest city. Avon Lake's well-regarded school system also makes it a great place to raise a family.
5 Interesting Facts About Avon Lake
- Avon Lake is located in Lorain County, although it was part of Cuyahoga County when it was first settled in 1812.
- Avon Lake was granted city status in 1960.
- Avon Lake separated from the Town of Avon (now a city) in 1915. Today, the two cities are separated by a set of railroad tracks.
- The community covers approximately 12 square miles.
- The city has 20 miles of bike trails.
Things to Do in and Around Avon Lake
Renters in Avon Lake can explore any of the city's 220 acres of parkland, visit the municipal swimming pool or spend the day at one of Avon Lake's many miles of beaches. You can also curl up with a good book at the Avon Lake Public Library, book a tee time at Sweetbriar Golf Course or go shopping at Learwood Square Shopping Center. Avon Lake's proximity to Cleveland also makes it possible for residents to partake in all of the amenities that the metropolis has to offer.