Lake Erie fishing Forum
Lake Erie Improvement Association’s Annual Lake Erie Forum
Lakesiders are invited to the Lake Erie Improvement Association’s Annual Lake Erie Forum from 8:30-11:30 a.m. Friday, Dec. 2 at Catawba Island Club.
Learn about current efforts to address Lake Erie’s challenges, evolving science, projects that are working and costs involved, and more. A continental breakfast is included with the $25 registration fee.
The forum will also feature information about the recently formed Lake Erie Foundation, a non-profit education and advocacy organization being formed as a partnership between Lake Erie Waterkeeper and Lake Erie Improvement Association. The foundation’s mission is to create and maintain a healthy Lake Erie now and forever as defined by drinkable water, recreational contact and edible fish.
Forum participants will also hear a new song that local singer-songwriter Pat Dailey wrote and recorded to help launch the foundation.
- Lake Erie 2016 compared to 2015: Dr. Jeff Reutter, Ohio Sea Grant
- Lake Erie Harmful Algae Bloom Forecasting: Dr. Richard Stump, NOAA
- Lake Erie Reduction Targets – How to Achieve: Margaret Kalcik, Ohio State University
- Learning About Lake Erie Algae & the Toxins Produced: U.S. Geological Survey Panel
- Introduction to Harmful Algal Blooms: Mary Ann Evans
- Effects of HABs on Fish & Aquatic Life: Tomena Scholze, Michigan State University
- Lake Erie Nutrient Internal Load Issues: Ken Gibbons, Great Lakes Commission
- Manure & Water Nationwide: Kelly Foster, Waterkeeper Alliance Attorney
- Launch of the Lake Erie Foundation: Jim Stouffer, Jamie Steineman, Sandy Bihn
- “Lake Erie Keepers” Song for Lake Erie by Pat Dailey