Fishing season Ohio
Frog season is open from 6 p.m. the second Friday in June (June 9) to April 30, 2018. Only bullfrogs and green frogs may be taken. No more than 15 (singly or in combination) may be taken or possessed in any one day.
Bullfrogs and green frogs may be taken by any method except:
- By shooting, except with archery equipment;
- A foothold or bodygripping trap;
- Deleterious or stupefying substances;
Only snapping and softshell turtles may be legally taken. Snapping turtles and softshell turtles must have a straight-line carapace length of 11 inches or greater to be taken, and there is no daily limit on the number that may be taken. A turtle trap with mesh less than 4 inches square must have an opening at least 6 inches in diameter leading from it. Wings and leads are unlawful. The trap must be marked with the name and address of the owner or user or customer identidication number. All traps must be checked once every 24 hours.
Snapping turtles and softshell turtles may be taken by any method except:
- By shooting;
- Turtle traps having mesh measuring less than 4 inches on a side, unless such traps are provided with an escape ring of at least 6 inches in diameter leading out of the trap and held open at all time;
- Turtle traps placed in water having wings or leads;
Reptiles and amphibians may not be taken by shooting, except green frogs and bullfrogs which may be taken with archery equipment. None can be taken by the use of a foothold or bodygripping trap.