Lake County Animal Shelter Ohio
Adopting A Friend
Lake Humane Society's Adoption Process:
- Visitation: You may visit with animals during the shelter visitation hours. The shelter has private “friendship rooms” in which you can become acquainted with the animals on an individual basis.
- The Application: Individuals wishing to adopt a pet from the Lake Humane Society must complete an application and have a valid form of identification. You must be 18 years of age to sign the adoption forms.
- The Consultation: When the application is complete, a staff member will review it and answer any questions that you may have. The purpose of this application is to ensure that you have made the appropriate selection for your particular lifestyle and be certain that you understand our requirements regarding the animal. Based on our guidelines, we reserve the right to place our animals only in homes that are suitable for the needs of the animal.
- The Adoption: Once your application is approved, a staff member will complete the necessary paperwork and review it with you. In addition to an adoption contract, you will receive a list of all vaccinations and medical treatment that the animal has received while in our care.
- No Charge Veterinary Exam: It is required that all pets adopted from the Lake Humane Society be taken for a veterinary physical with a veterinarian of your choice. You will receive a certificate for a FREE veterinary exam at a participating Lake County veterinarian. This certificate will cover only the veterinary examination fee.
Who We Are
Since 1937, the Lake Humane Society has been dedicated to the welfare and protection of animals.
Our Mission at Lake Humane Society is to provide a gentle and caring haven for the homeless, abandoned, and injured animals of Lake County and persevere in defending and protecting animal life through education, integrity, and leadership.
Come Visit Us
Lake Humane Society
7564 Tyler Boulevard (Building E)
Mentor, Ohio 44060
Monday & Thursday 12:00-7:00PM